The decameron c1351 is an entertaining series of one hundred stories written in the wake of the black death the stories are told in a country villa outside the city of florence by ten young noble men and women who are seeking to escape the ravages of the plague. This article contains summaries and commentaries of the 100 stories within giovanni boccaccios the decameron each story of the decameron begins with a short heading explaining the plot of the story the 1903 j m rigg english translation headings are used in many of these summaries. A complete edition of the hilarious bawdy irreverent masterpiece of medieval italy and the inspiration for the film the little hours in an acclaimed translation in the summer of 1348 as the black death ravages their city ten young florentines take refuge in the countryside
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.