Character evidence in the criminal trial mike redmayne oxford monographs on criminal law and justice a comprehensive analysis of the bad character provisions in the criminal justice act 2003. This book examines the use of a defendants character in the criminal trial it looks at the use of character evidence to prove guilt and as a factor affecting sentence it also discusses character as the basis for culpability in criminal law. The use of character in the criminal trial raises a number of controversial issues such as the nature of criminal responsibility the link between past and future behaviour and the way juries and judges reason about evidence of prior wrongdoing. By combining insights from law psychology criminology and philosophy redmayne reassesses the use of character in the criminal trial and reflects on the significance of the laws increasing
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.